Hair Donation Process:
Anyone can cut your hair as long as the guidelines listed below are followed. we can help you cut too, we encourage all of our donors to go to a salon or come to any of UCHE HAIR locations to ensure their comfort when donating. If you are not sure if your hair falls within our guidelines or have question about any products you have used, please contact our friendly staff for assistant on how to cut your into a ponytail or braid.
- Layered hair is acceptable if the longest layer is 10 inches, and may be divided into multiple ponytails.
- Curly hair may be pulled straight to measure the minimum 10 inches.
- 10 inches measured tip to tip is the minimum length needed for a hairpiece.
- Hair that has been bleached (usually this refers to highlighted hair) is not usable. If unsure, ask your stylist.
We are not able to accept bleached hair due to a chemical reaction that occurs during the manufacturing process. Hair that is swept off of the floor is not usable because it has not been cut while bundled in a ponytail or braid. Hair that is shaved off and not in a ponytail or braid is not usable. You may divide your hair into multiple ponytails, and cut each one off before continuing to shave.
We cannot accept dreadlocks OR synthetic hair.
- Our manufacturer is not able to use them in our children’s and our women hair pieces.
- Ponytails & Braids Only.
- 12 inches or longer, in a ponytail or braid, dry and clean.
- Shorter hair (10” and up) will be separated from the 10” and longer lengths and sold to offset the manufacturing costs. Although the shorter hair cannot be used in the hairpieces, it still greatly helps to reduce costs. Gray hair will be accepted and sold to offset the manufacturing costs.
- Place your dry ponytail or braid in a resealable plastic bag
- Place resealable plastic bag in a padded envelope.
- We cannot acknowledge donors who do not send their name and address according to these instructions.
- Do not staple or wrap donation form around the bag
- Send to the address listed below by: (If it is important to you to know when your package is delivered, you may want to send it with a tracking number).